Just over a year ago, we packed our bags and moved , not knowing what the future held. With a heavy tummy, a terrified heart, I moved. Somehow packed everything and moved to a new place I would call home, not knowing for how long then. It was terrifying, petrifying to say the least. With me came everyone- all my pillars of strength, especially,a tiny almost 4 year old who was reason I held it together.
Now, as I sit and type this, it is silent. Today is my day off…yes, ladies and gentlemen I have started back at work, 4 days a week. Where is Atiksh you ask? He is in daycare. As my last post said, we started him in daycare, he had a rocky few weeks. We also traveled a LOT in June. Atiksh also had his first place ride to Boston to see his cousins. It has been a packed summer so far.
I have no idea where to start updating, lets see:
– Atiksh is 11 months old, cruises very well. He has quite a few words- Amma, Appa, Mamum, ball (he single most favorite this in the world), byebye, hifi
– He can identify a few objects in a book and around the house.
-He is eating well, still a skinny little man, but no issues eating and you have no idea how thankful I am for that.
-In major new for the blog followers, he got a hair cut, See pictures below.
– We had his follow up with UVA and they are happy. He is close to 14 months in social skills and fine motor skills. A bit behind in gross motor. I am sure he will catch up. We got back in Oct to see the surgeon.
– Atiksh went to the beach he liked it. He also went to Busch Gardens. He is a amazing little traveler. Very happy.
– He did fall sick with a cold and ear infection- but the good news is he handled it well. Come on, lets build some immunity.
– He is in love with his older brother and vice versa. Whenever he sees Avy, he hugs him and kisses his head. I mean, I do not get such treatment.
– He likes daycare and has settled well. Today he did not even cry during drop off.
Wow, typing all this makes me see how far we have come. I am spending my day planning for a very special day in 2 weeks. He is turning 1. A baby, who the day he was born, was so bad that Dr’s thought he won’t make it, fought and clawed his way out, and has become the reason we are making this celebration so special.
Since the brothers love each other so much, we are having a combined birthday party- both big milestones- 1 and 5. We are having loved ones coming from all over the country. I am beyond humbled with the love of these people. I still believe that we handled everything only because of the tremendous love and well wishes of so many people.
Some picture time…